Post Breast Cancer and Lymphedema Treatment
Anita Palko earned her Master’s degree in Physical Therapy in 1992 from the University of Puget Sound. She has advanced training in manual therapy under Loren Rex, D.O. and the Ursa Foundation. Since 2007 she has been certified as a Lymphedema Therapist through Norton School of Lymphedema. She works with patients who are post surgical breast cancer survivors as well as those with various conditions involving the lymphatic system. Anita has experience in inpatient settings, acute care and outpatient orthopedic settings.
At Burch Physical Therapy, we offer patients:
- A certified Lymphedema therapist with significant experience and advanced training in manual therapy.
- Post Breast Cancer Physical Therapy (mastectomy/ lumpectomy)
- Soft tissue/ scar management with myofascial techniques.
- Restore shoulder/ neck range of motion through manual and aquatic therapy.
- Complete decongestive therapy for those who develop Lymphedema.
- Patient and family education.